Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stuffed Zucchini

I have always LOVED to cook. Now that I have my wonderful kitchen in our new home, I can't help but experiment. I have definitely been trying some new and interesting recipes on Steve...and all very healthy! No complaints from him so far. :) Here is one of my new favorites. This goes well as a side with grilled chicken.

Stuffed Zucchini
5 medium zucchini halved lengthwise
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Scoop out pulp from 8 zucchini halves; set aside. Arrange zucchini halves on baking sheet. Coarsely chop remaining zucchini and pulp. Place olive oil in skillet over medium heat and cook chopped zucchini and onion, stirring occassionally until veggies are tender. Add red pepper, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Evenly spoon veggie mixutre into zucchini halves. Top with cheese. Bake for 30 min or until tender.

**Note: I added a little black pepper along with the cheese for a little extra flavor. :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Marie,

Welcome to blogging... I love blogs! :) I have a recipe blog along w/ some friends over at friedbakedortoasted.blogspot.com - i'd love if you'd post recipes there too! :) if you're interested send me your email address and i'll send you an invite! :)

Steve & Marie said...

Hi Joey! I'd love to share some recipes. :) My email address is summers.marie@gmail.com.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Steve & Marie | by TNB